Preschool activities are really important to inculcate the habit of learning in kids. It shapes a child’s overall character and initiates their first steps towards the world of structured learning and education. Preschool or playschool is that phase of a child’s life when they are exposed to the outside world for the first time. These activities are framed in a manner to help children learn the art of conversation with their peers without any hesitation or awkwardness. Sharing and caring for one another, co-operation, and resolution of conflicts are also a few important skills that are taught in preschools.
Basic Objectives of a Proficient Preschool
Preschools aim to provide a strong foundation for comprehensive development and also strive to:
- Ensure an environment that is child-friendly where each child is valued, respected, feels safe and hence develops a positive sense of self.
- Enable children to become effective communicators and foster receptiveness.
- Help children become involved learners, think critically, be creative, collaborate and connect with their immediate environment.
- Enable a well-ordered transition of children from preschool to primary schools.
Fun Activities for Preschoolers
Other than academics, there are many more activities that are part of a Preschool’s curriculum, such as –
- Storytime – Children get to hear different, interesting stories from their teachers and caregivers, often accompanied with moral lessons.
- Water play – Water play is great for learning the consequences of their actions. It is a solid favourite among toddlers and is very commonly encouraged in preschools to create a fun learning experience for the kids.
- Sand play – This play involves digging, scooping, pouring and is fantastic for developing self-confidence. It often guides creativity and makes children believe in their constructive capabilities.
- Creative art – Children enjoy drawing and painting where they can get creative with paints and other drawing tools. This allows them to express their perception of the world in a creative way. These kinds of activities are done to develop ways of self-expression among toddlers.
- Reading time/ library time – Young children are often fascinated by pictures that are colourful and attractive. This motivates them to revisit stories and their lessons or in some cases just keeps them indulged in some reading and self-learning.
- Celebration of each festival and special day – Celebrations create a huge impact on children. Preschools often celebrate events and festivals to help kids learn more about different festivals and cultures. Parents are also often invited to be a part of the celebration.
- Dress up and role play– Dressing up as a doctor, chef, astronaut, etc. is another way of making the preschooling process fun and exciting. It also lets the children bring their creative selves out and boosts their power of social interaction.
- Sensory play– this kind of activity mainly deals with a play that involves touch, smell, taste, sight, and hearing. It stimulates exploration and are the building blocks of investigation as well as science.
- Kara4Kids is listed among the best preschools in Bangalore, India for its exciting and unique activities, pedagogy, and highly interactive classes.
At Kara4Kids, the activities and the overall structured curriculum enables children to continue their exploration with enthusiasm and excitement. Kara promotes physical activity, independent exploration and discovery and creates an atmosphere in which children can learn in better ways. All the activity materials are placed and displayed attractively on open shelves for easy accessibility. Each classroom has several learning stations such as an art area, block building area, doll and dramatic play area, math area, science area, music area,, sand and water play area, reading area, etc. as per curriculum needs. Also, parent-teacher meetings are conducted at regular intervals to identify difficulties faced by the kids, find the scope of improvement and appreciate the children’s talents. The teachers always try to accommodate parents’ viewpoints in assisting their children thereby, making both the parents and their children feel comfortable.